Here are few simple steps to know or check your EPF account balance.
- Step 1: Keep your EPFO account number ready with you. It is mentioned on your salary slip or collect it from HR Dept. of your organisation.
- Step 2: Click the link to Check Your EPF balance on the EPFO website, http://www.epfindia.gov.in/
- Step 3: Click on "Know Your EPF Balance" and then Select the state where your PF office is situated.
- Step 4: Select the appropriate EPFO regional office. Knowing this is not a difficult task. Your PF number is an alpha-numeric number and the first two letters stand for regional office. For example, if the your PF number is DL/12345/6789 then choose DL as regional office code.
- Step 5: Fill the online form with your name (as it appears on salary slip), your mobile number and your PF number. In thefirst box, you need to Enter / Key in seven digits. So, in the example cited above, the set of number has only 5 digits, 12345. Here you have to add 00 in the first two boxes. Next box, fill in the three digit establishment code or leave it blank if you don't have one. Finally, the account number 6789 in the last box, and Click on Submit.
- Step 6:You will receive an SMS in few minutes , around less than 5 minutes with your EPFO account balance, if your records are updated with EPFO office. Or else it will show data not found. You may have to get in touch with your employer HR Dept. in that case, or wait a bit longer for your data to be updated.